Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie...one of the greatest comfort dishes of all time, perfect on a cold winter night.
White sauce, succulent chicken and crunchy vegetables all encased in flaky pastry...perfection.
1 chicken breast, diced
1 tbsp garlic paste
1tbsp ginger paste
150g mixed vegetables (ideally fresh but you can use frozen, go for a mix of broccoli, green beans,
sweetcorn and carrots)
3 tbsp butter
1 pint milk
4 tbsp plain flour
240 ml double cream
150g cheddar cheese, grated
1 sheet of puff pastry
salt to taste
pepper to taste
milk, for brushing
1. In a pot, add the chicken, garlic paste, ginger paste, salt, pepper and some water and steam the chicken for about 10-15 mins on medium heat till it is succulent and cooked through.
2. Steam the mixed vegetables with salt, pepper and 1tbsp of butter.
3. To make the white sauce, whisk together milk, the remaining butter, plain flour, salt, pepper and double cream. Keep whisking until you're happy with the sauce consistency, you want it to be runny enough to cover the vegetables and chicken but thick enough to be a creamy sauce, not a soup.
4. Mix the sauce with the chicken and vegetables and pour into a dish.
5. Top with cheddar cheese and close with the puff pastry lid.
6. Brush the lid with milk and bake in an oven for about 25-30 mins on 180.
7. Serve piping hot :)
Don't forget guys, I post every Mondays and Fridays so be sure to check in!
Also, I will be posting more behinds the scenes kind of stuff on Instagram stories so be sure to follow me and check it out!!