Chicken Teriyaki Stirfry
I do love Chinese food. I love the flavours and ingredients and the way Chinese food just makes me feel happy.
That comfort food feeling after a long day at work is something you look forward to.
And, if that comfort food takes you less than half an hour to make, you feel even better!
Nobody wants to be slaving away in the kitchen after staring at a computer screen all day.
Enter this super easy, super tasty chicken teriyaki stir fry which is packed with so much flavour and is ready in minutes!
Chinese food made easy, just as it should be!
2 chicken breasts, sliced
200g egg noodles, cooked
2tbsp olive oil
150g baby corn, sliced
150g mangetout, sliced
1 spring onion, chopped
100g bean sprouts
60ml soy sauce
250 ml water
1 tbsp ginger, ground
1 tsp garlic, ground
5 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp corn flour
salt + pepper to taste
1. Mix together the soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, honey, salt + pepper and corn flour to create a sauce.
2. Add your chicken to the sauce and marinate. I marinated mine overnight and the flavours were intense!
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the wok, add the chicken from the marinade and cook over high heat until just cooked through roughly about 4 mins. Remove the chicken and set aside.
4. Heat 1tbsp of oil in the wok, add some of the teriyaki marinade (depending on how saucy you want it- I added a couple of tbsp's) add mangetout, spring onions, baby corn and bean sprouts and stir fry for 5 mins.
5. Now add the noodles and chicken, mix, season and serve piping hot.
Recipe adapted from Mary Berry Everyday
Also, I will be posting more behinds the scenes kind of stuff on Instagram stories so be sure to follow me and check it out!!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin