1 medium chicken,
2tbsp vegetable oil,
1 onion, sliced
1 cinnamon stick
3-4 green cardamom pods,
5-6 black peppercorns
2-3 bay leaves
1 black cardamom
2tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1tsp turmeric powder
1tbsp ginger paste
1/2tbsp garlic paste
1tsp cumin powder
2tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder,
green chillies, ground, to taste ( I use about 2)
2 tomatoes, chopped
1tsp chilli flakes
2tbsp tomato puree
2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 cup of water
a handful of coriander, chopped
1/2tsp garam masala
1. Cut the chicken into pieces, wash and clean.
2. In a pot, on medium heat add the oil, onion, cinnamon stick, cloves, green cardamom pods, black peppercorns, bay leaves, black cardamom, cumin seeds and cook till the onions are golden brown.
3. Now add the chicken, salt, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste and mix well.
4. Let the chicken cook on medium heat for about 10-15 mins until the water has evaporated slightly
5.Add in the cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, ground green chillies, and stir.
6. Now add the chopped fresh tomatoes, chilli flakes and tomato puree and mix. Cook for another 10-15 mins until the tomatoes have dissolved.
7. Add in the potato chunks and cook for about 10 mins till cooked through.
8. To create more of a sauce, add in a cup of water and cook for 10 mins.
Sprinkle with coriander and garam masala and serve hot.
Don't forget guys, I post every Mondays and Fridays so be sure to check in!
Also, I will be posting more behinds the scenes kind of stuff on Instagram stories so be sure to follow me and check it out!!