I always struggle to find something quick to make during the weekday. As much as I love cooking and it relaxes me when I have had a long day of work, even I don't want to be stuck in the kitchen for hours.
So when I came across this tasty recipe for prawn laksa, I couldn't wait to try it! And having dinner in less that half an hour is even better.
This prawn Laksa is spicy, filling and perfect for a cold night. You can buy the red Thai paste in the shops however I would recommend making it yourself.
This laksa is quite spicy so add more or less depending on how much heat you can handle!
1 stalk lemongrass
2 red chillies
4 cloves garlic
2tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp white pepper powder
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp chilli powder
juice of 1 and a half lime
1tbsp olive oil
1 vegetable stock cube
1 can coconut milk
100g rice noodles
150g cooked king prawns
coriander, to garnish
1. To make the Thai red curry paste, grind up the shallot, lemongrass, 1 red chilli, garlic, tomato puree, cumin powder, coriander powder, white pepper powder, soy sauce, 2 tbsp fish sauce, sugar, chilli powder, 3 tbsp coconut milk and juice of half a lime.
2. Heat oil in a pot and add sliced red chilli and saute till fragrant.
3. Now add 2 tbsp of the curry paste and cook for 1 min.
4. Dissolve the stock cube in 500ml of boiling eater and add to the soup.
5. Now add in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
6. Now add in the remainder of the fish sauce and noodles and cook for 3 - 4 mins till soft.
7. Squeeze in the rest of the lime juice and add the prawns and cook again for 2 to 3 mins,
8. Serve hot with a lime wedge and coriander to garnish.
Original Recipe: Prawn Laksa Curry Bowl
Don't forget guys, I post every Mondays and Fridays so be sure to check in!
Also, I will be posting more behinds the scenes kind of stuff on Instagram stories so be sure to follow me and check it out!!