Moroccan Chermoula Chicken
I thought this would be the perfect way to finish off Moroccan week.
I have seen plenty of tagine recipes which is what Moroccan cuisine is based on, however, there is one major problem with tagine recipes; I don't own a tagine and honestly, I wouldn't use one every day.
Which got me thinking, what would be a Moroccan recipe I could make without having to invest in cookware? and that is when I found this beautiful Chermoula chicken with very fresh flavours.
Chermoula is Moroccan pesto, made with lots of fresh coriander and parsley to give you succulent chicken that is very light but super filling.
Look at that green marinade! and the smells that will fill your kitchen will bring hungry stomachs straight to the table.
Serve with some couscous or even roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes and you have a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
6 chicken legs ( I prefer skinless but you can use skin on as well)
1 tsp cumin powder
1tsp coriander powder
4-5 cloves fresh garlic
1 bunch of coriander
1 bunch parsley
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup olive oil
lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
Salt, to taste
1. Clean the chicken and make incisions to allow the marinade to properly mix into the chicken
2. Grind up the garlic, coriander and parsley and add this to the chicken.
3. To the chicken also add cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika, salt and olive oil and rub into
4. Marinade for at least half an hour but the longer the better
5. Place the chicken legs into a frying pan, add the remaining sauce and cover with a lid and cook for 30-45 mins or until cooked.
6. Serve hot with couscous for authentic Moroccan taste
Original Recipe: Simply Recipes
Don't forget guys, I post every Mondays and Fridays so be sure to check in!
Also, I will be posting more behinds the scenes kind of stuff on Instagram stories so be sure to follow me and check it out!!