Chocolate chip cookies
I kind of suck at baking. Somehow I manage to burn and maim any form of cake that I make.
So if I have successfully made these amazing chocolate chip cookies, the trust me anyone can do it.
These cookies are soft and crumbly but also taste like caramel because of the brown sugar.
The key is to leave the cookie dough overnight....and to also not eat the mixture (which is what I was doing)
My mouth is watering just writing about them!
60g light brown sugar
60g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp baking powder
60g milk chocolate chips
60g dark chocolate chips
1. Cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy
2. Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and mix again
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the plain flour, salt, bicarbonate soda and baking powder.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and chill overnight.
6. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4
7. Line a baking tray with some baking parchment and spoon your cookies on to the tray. I would say use a teaspoon for medium cookies and an ice cream scoop for big ass cookies - beware of cookie spreading!
8. Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins or until light golden brown.
Original Recipe: Chic & Sugar
Don't forget guys, I post every Mondays and Fridays so be sure to check in!
Also, I will be posting more behinds the scenes kind of stuff on Instagram stories so be sure to follow me and check it out!!