I love cooking (as you can probably tell) and I am always open to finding different ways of cooking the same dish. Small variations can bring out new flavours and give you a completely new dish.
Chicken and rice mixed with spices to make a flavorful dish called chicken pulao; a classic.
I was very lucky to receive this cookbook from one of my friends for my birthday. Inside there are lots of Indian recipes that I cannot wait to try out!
This chicken pulao tastes amazing with some fresh coriander and yoghurt chutney. Alternatively, it can be served with chicken curry. Either way, it tastes amazing.
6 garlic cloves, ground to a paste
1 heaped tsp ginger paste
4 tbsp yoghurt
1 onion, sliced
1kg chicken pieces, skinless, on the bone
1 bunch coriander, chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 cinnamon sticks
4 bay leaves
2 black cardamom pods
6 green cardamom pods
1 tbsp garam masala
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp coriander powder
1 heaped tbsp fenugreek, crushed in your hand
1 tsp turmeric powder
900ml chicken stock
500g basmati rice
1 tbsp margarine
3 tbsp oil
salt, to taste
1. Wash the rice - wash the basmati rice three times in warm water and then let it soak in cold water for at least half an hour.
2. Mix together the yoghurt and stock and set aside.
3. Heat the oil and add the cloves, cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cardamom pods and sliced onion and fry till golden brown.
4. Add in the ginger and garlic pastes and cook until fragrant.
5. Now add the chicken, garam masala, ground cumin, chilli powder, paprika, coriander powder, fenugreek, turmeric and salt and mix. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 mins.
6. Add the yoghurt stock mixture and bring to the boil.
7. Next, add in the rice and margarine and bring to the boil. Cover and put it back on a slow to medium heat and cook for between 20 to 30 mins until the rice is cooked.
Original Recipe: Indian Made Easy
Don't forget guys, I post every Mondays and Fridays so be sure to check in!Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Also, I will be posting more behinds the scenes kind of stuff on Instagram stories so be sure to follow me and check it out!!